Clean Energy Revolution
Win cash prizes for you and your school in this engaging, educational competition for grade 6 to 12 students in Nova Scotia!
A local initiative. A global impact.
Clean Foundation, with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Department of Natural Resources and Renewables, is hosting a design challenge where teams of junior and high school students create and present an innovative project that demonstrates awareness and understanding of the causes, consequences and clean energy solutions to climate change in Nova Scotia.
1-page Project Proposals are due on or before March 11, 2022. You must submit a Registration Form on or before that date to be considered for the competition
Final submissions are due on or before April 8, 2022. Final products can be submitted in a variety of formats to EnergyRevolution@cleanfoundation.ca (e.g. photos of a prototype and a write up, business plan document, video, slide deck, prezi, etc!). Make sure you check the rubric to make sure you are submitting all necessary info!
Finalists will be notified on April 22, 2022. Finalists will be invited to attend the Clean Energy Revolution Finals to be held in HRM in May 2022.
- Skill-building for middle and high school students
- Career pathway development through industry expert mentors
- Healthy competition with rewards for both the participants and schools
- An excellent resource for an inquiry based approach to teaching about clean energy
- Real-world application of the clean energy sectors in Nova Scotia
- Participants can explore the clean energy sectors across the curriculum, or through extra-curricular opportunities, allowing for easy integration into schools
- Participants can create projects that explore concepts through STEAM, social sciences etc. or a combination of some or all, allowing them to build on their own interests and strengths.
How many students can be on each team?
The maximum group size is four students. In light of Covid-19 health protocols, submissions from individual students will be permitted.
What sort of project can I make?
Your idea for a clean energy solution can be a model or prototype, or a business plan for a social enterprise. You can submit your project in many forms – a recorded presentation, a poster and write-up, prezi, etc! Just make sure you check the Judging Rubric to make sure you’re including all the information we need.
What are the prizes?
Finalists are eligible to win cash prizes for themselves and their schools in the following three categories:
- Grades 6-7
- Grades 8-9
- Grades 10-12
Recognition awards will also be given in special categories – most creative, best presentation, etc. Prizes are as follows:
|School or Organization||Individual Students|
Book a Clean Energy Revolution kick-off webinar!
This year, Clean is offering classes or groups to join a 30-45minute ‘Clean Energy Revolution’ kick off webinar, to help students start their Challenge! In the webinar we’ll cover…
Climate 101 and the Greenhouse Gas effect
What is clean energy and how can it help change the world?!
Clean Energy Revolution: How to participate
Examples of winners from last year
Q&A and Launch into classroom participation!
2021-2022 Teacher Guidebook
2021-2022 Student Guidebook
Want to stay in the loop about Clean’s education programs, workshops, and resources?
Join our mailing list!