Clean Energy Revolution
A local initiative. A global impact.
Clean Foundation, with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Department of Energy and Mines, is hosting a design challenge where teams of junior and high school students create and present an innovative project that demonstrates awareness and understanding of the causes, consequences and clean energy solutions to climate change in Nova Scotia.
- Registration and 1-page project proposal due for approval by: March 31, 2021
- Written component and/or model due: May 7, 2021
- Finalists chosen and notified: May 21, 2021
- Clean Energy Revolution Virtual Event (presentations from Finalists): June 2021
- Skill-building for middle and high school students
- Career pathway development through industry expert mentors
- Healthy competition with rewards for both the participants and schools
- An excellent resource for an inquiry based approach to teaching about clean energy
- Real-world application of the clean energy sectors in Nova Scotia
- Participants can explore the clean energy sectors through the curriculum, across the curriculum, or through extra-curricular opportunities, allowing for easy integration into schools
- Participants can create projects that explore concepts through STEAM, social sciences etc. or a combination of some or all, allowing them to build on their own interests and strengths.
Want to stay in the loop about Clean’s education programs, workshops, and resources?
Join our mailing list!