Job Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Reports to: Lead – Internal Operations
Location: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience and education
Clean Foundation is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change.
Learn more about the work we do: https://cleanfoundation.ca/
Summary of the Position:
Reporting to the Lead – Internal Operations, the Administrative Support Specialist performs administrative duties that facilitate Clean’s ongoing energy programs. The Administrative Support Specialist processes and submits financial reports, tracks health and safety information, conducts database research and management, and supports scheduling and field activities throughout the energy department. This position also offers administrative support and coordination for Clean’s Sydney office. This position requires strict adherence to established processes and timelines, clear oral and written communication, and strong organizational skills.
Field Staff Support
- Verify and approve biweekly payroll claims for energy field staff.
- Process biweekly mileage and expense claims for energy field staff.
- Conduct daily check-ins for energy field staff.
- Monitor occupational health and safety records and ensure compliance among energy field staff.
- Conduct site visits for Clean staff and contractors to ensure adherence to expected program protocols and health and safety requirements.
- Monitor and maintain intake + waitlists for various programs within the Energy Department.
- Contact (over phone or email) and schedule participants appointments based on specific program timelines/eligibility criteria.
- Offer administrative support through consistent communication with the Field Team; collaborate to find the most efficient, effective and considerate appointment times/dates and keep them informed about changes within their schedule in a timely manner.
- Field the public’s queries around any and all Clean programs.
- Respond to internal and external questions within 2 business days.
- Generate reports as required.
- Regular office hours are required to ensure program needs are met for responsibilities such as, but not limited to, regular availability for meetings, consultations, administrative support, as required.
- Attend mandatory training, as required.
- Conduct monthly toolbox talks with energy field staff.
- Follow policies as stated in the Employee Policy Manual, Safety Manual and all other procedures and practices of the organization.
- Provide representation from the Sydney office on Clean’s JOHSC.
- Procure office supplies and program materials.
- Liaise with property manager regarding ongoing building maintenance and access.
- Assist new employees based in Cape Breton through an office orientation process.
- Assist in creating daily schedules and planning events.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Required Qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, communication or a related field would be considered an asset.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good client relations.
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- The Administrative Support Specialist works predominantly in an office setting but may be required to travel to appointments and meetings which may sometimes require overnight lodging. Certain responsibilities may require working with minimal supervision.
- Office setting with requirement to lift up to 10 lbs.
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to Jennifer Whitty, email@example.com by November 24, 2021. We appreciate all interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.