Job Title: Field Support Specialist
Reports to: Lead, External Operations
Location: Opportunities available across Nova Scotia
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
Hours: 35 per week (permanent, term position until December 2023)
Start Date: December 2022
About Clean Foundation:
Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming for communities. We’re here to make the biggest impact for a cleaner world.
Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca
Summary of the Position:
Reporting to the Lead, External Operations, the Field Support Specialist works with Clean’s team of Energy Advisors, program managers and administrators to ensure efficient and effective delivery of in-field retrofit activities. This may include travelling around Nova Scotia, working across many energy retrofit and clean energy programs, conducting draft-proofing and basic insulation, delivering materials and supplies, organizing and maintaining storage facilities and reporting all activities in a timely manner. This position will be cross-trained on multiple programs; accordingly, some of the duties and responsibilities outlined below may apply to one program but not another.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communications: Act as a point of contact for program participants to arrange drop-offs and retrofit work in their home. Communicate with the scheduling team to develop and manage an ongoing appointment schedule. Where lateness or cancellation is unavoidable, ensure that the participant and the supervisor are notified immediately. Respond to calls, issues and complaints within two business days. Maintain strong channels with Clean’s technical team for upgrade implementation. Accurately monitor, record and replenish inventory supply levels and facilitate deliveries or pickups from supply chain partners.
- Field Work: Attend all scheduled appointments. Review paperwork package in advance of appointments and conduct an education session with each participant during each visit. Accurately document all upgrades performed in homes, obtain photographs of all upgrades and signatures on required documents. Install upgrades such as caulking, weatherstripping, dehumidifiers and other simple energy efficiency and/or air quality products. Minor insulation and air sealing upgrades requiring basic carpentry skills (such as refurbishing attic hatches, installing gable vents, etc..) may be required. Perform quality assurance and safety inspections on external contractors. Provide detailed compliance reports in accordance with Clean’s Upgrade Standard Guidelines and Safety Program. This position may also be required to complete upgrade approval visits, ensuring program participants understand and approve of upgrades planned for their homes. Responsible for managing inventory and maintaining Clean’s storage locker in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- Office Work: Submit bi-weekly mileage, expense and payroll claims to your immediate supervisor in accordance with Clean guidelines. Review Clean’s CRM and InfoWise databases to gather information on required upgrades. File completed forms, work orders and participant documents in our online databases as required.
- Health & Safety: Review Clean’s Occupational Health & Safety Policy and always comply with the policy. Use of appropriate PPE such as gloves, CSA-approved footwear, respirators, safety glasses, etc. Ensure that all job-related safety certificates such as first aid and respirator fit tests are all up to date. Conduct in-field inspections for Clean’s field staff as well as external Trade Partners.
- Additional training, meetings or other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Required Qualifications:
- A demonstrated proficiency in carpentry and insulation services.
- Computer proficiency including Windows 10, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mathematics and geometry.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, communication, and client management skills.
- Completion of a recognized trades program (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Post-secondary education and/or job experience in a relevant field such as construction, architecture, engineering, HVAC, energy management, etc. is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of local residential construction practices, building materials, and residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science including the principles of the “house as a system” and energy efficiency retrofit practices.
- Experience in client relations and communication.
The Field Support Specialist will work in the homes of individuals in a wide range of living conditions; the job often requires some degree of compassion and tact. This position is required to travel to scheduled appointments and must provide their own vehicle — Clean offers flat-rate mileage compensation. Clean currently serves the entire Province of Nova Scotia; travel may sometimes require overnight lodging — Clean offers per-diem payments and subsidization of lodging when overnight travel is required. During appointments, the Field Support Specialist may be required to work both in and outside of the home, under inclement weather, in spaces where access or conditions may be challenging such as attics and crawl spaces, at heights up to 10 feet using ladders and under conditions that require a respirator (supplied by Clean).
- Climbing up and down ladders.
- Transporting and assembling blower door units.
- Lifting and carrying up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Reaching and working above the head.
- Use of basic hand tools.
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
If you’re interested in our current position of Field Support Specialist with Clean, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 1, 2022. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com