Job Title: Lead Finance Clerk
Program: Finance and Admin
Reports to: Ron Garnett-Doucette
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience and education
Status: Term to March 31, 2022
Clean Foundation is an independent, non-governmental charity that works to support the fair transition to a cleaner economy and greener society. We do this through collaboration, leadership, and a focus on the possible. We bring knowledge, tools and inspiration needed to encourage the actions that lead to positive environmental change.
Learn more about the work we do: https://cleanfoundation.ca/
Summary of the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Lead Finance Clerk will assist in the ongoing maintenance of internal records and to support a fun Finance Team with the monthly accounting cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on building of Microsoft O365 & Infowise templates for numerous programs
- Prepare monthly Visa card reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist with revenue reconciliation.
- Support monthly Budget to Actual reporting across programs
- Enter data and maintain updated records.
- Assist with processing payables and receivables.
- General administration support for the Finance Department.
- Bank deposits as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Required Qualifications:
- Experience with posting in Quick Books Online (QBO).
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping (full cycle accounting) and financial transactions.
- Fluent with Excel, Microsoft Word, and general understanding of office administration.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience in the non-profit sector, considered an asset.
- Personable and flexible.
Office setting with requirement to lift up to 10 lbs
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to Tracey Dube, email@example.com. We appreciate all interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org