Empowering your Climate Classroom
Tools and Resources to Support Climate Learning
Professional Learning that Impacts our Future.
Clean Foundation is hosting a series of FREE professional learning opportunities for educators across Nova Scotia.
These two-day workshops will support educators to confidently teach climate and environmental focused concepts.
This year’s focus will address grade seven and grade eight curriculum outcomes – across ALL subjects.
Educators will leave with not only an understanding of climate change, but also with co-created lessons and a materials kit to support climate learning in their classrooms!
Refer a friend to receive an additional educational resource!
Below are the dates and locations of the upcoming workshops. Find one that works for you and use the registration button at the bottom of the page to save your seat.
All workshops are two days and run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- November 29-30: Hantsport, NS – Registration Deadline: Friday, November 26 @ 12:00pm
- January 20-21: Truro, NS
- January 27-28: Dartmouth, NS
- February 28-March 1: Port Hawkesbury, NS
- February 2, 9, 16 & 23 (Wednesday evenings): Online
- Bridgewater, NS *RESCHEDULED to 2022* Date To Be Determined
- Build foundational knowledge in climate science, history, impacts and solutions.
- Gain familiarity and comfort with inquiry-based learning.
- Identify opportunities for cross-curricular learning with a focus on renewed grade seven and grade eight climate change learning outcomes.
- Receive an educational support materials kit, valued at over $300.
- Learn about Indigenous ways of knowing.
- Develop an inquiry-based climate change lesson plan to take back to your classroom.
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend?
Yes! Similar to a restaurant, you will need to provide proof of double vaccination and identification upon entering the workshop.
Are the workshops offered in French?
At this time we are able to offer our Professional Learning workshops in English. However, slides and resources will be available in French. We hope to offer a French workshop in the future.
What will the materials kit contain?
The materials kit will contain a variety of teacher facing resources, student facing resources, classroom materials and a few special treats for you!
How much space is available?
Each workshop will vary and will accommodate between 20-40 educators.
Will lunch be provided?
Light snacks and hot beverages will be provided. Bringing a packed lunch is encouraged.
Is there financial support to cover my time while attending this workshop?
Upon request, Clean will work with your school to partially cover the cost of a substitute teacher.
Should I sign up for more than one workshop?
Please sign up for only one session. All sessions will present the same grade 7 and grade 8 materials during this academic year.
Are these workshops only available for Science Teachers?
No! These workshops are open to teachers of all subjects. There will be opportunities for cross curricular learning across all subjects.
Will there be other workshops focused on other grade levels?
Yes! Stayed tuned as we continue to develop workshops for other grades. To stay up to date with this program, continue to check this webpage, watch our social media and sign up for our newsletter below.
Please send any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to stay in the loop about Clean’s education programs, workshops and resources?
Join our mailing list!