CleanFoundation Clean Foundation
Job Title: Shared Services and Human Resources Administrator
Program: Shared Services
Reports to: Director of Governance, Planning and Culture
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (On-site)
Salary: $42,000 – $43,000 (depending on experience)
About Clean Foundation:
Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming for communities. We’re here to make the biggest impact for a cleaner world.
Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca
Summary of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Governance, Planning and Culture, the Shared Services and Human Resources Administrator provides administrative support for the People and Culture team while also providing day-to-day assistance and back-up support for the Shared Services Coordinator role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the People and Culture team with administrative matters (i.e. scheduling interviews, organizing files, preparing documents from templates, sending communications, requesting technology for new staff, coordinating facility arrangements for interviews/staff events and managing the in-office schedule, etc.), along with supporting the team with special projects as required.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the Shared Services Coordinator and act as a first point of contact for the organization in the absence of the Shared Services Coordinator.
- Key responsibilities would be to:
- Assist in managing Clean’s general information phone line and e-mail.
- Greet and direct in-person visitors and accept incoming mail/packages for Clean’s 126 Portland Street office (in the absence of the Shared Services Coordinator be situated at the 90 Alderney Drive office to do same).
- Assist in booking meeting rooms and coordinating catering/refreshment requirements.
- Order and maintain office supplies and ensure the office is kept neat and clean at all times.
- Assist in ensuring office equipment is maintained in working order as needed.
- Provide relief to the Shared Services Coordinator as needed, and specifically in the case of absences.
- Other duties as required to support the day-to-day operations of the office(s) and the People and Culture team.
Education and Required Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Office or Business Administration along with at least 3 years of experience working in an administrative role. Prior experience working in human resources would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize in a multifunctional role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team to meet organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to analyze and solve problems with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to sensitive/confidential information.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
This position requires walking between office buildings from time to time and the occasional lifting and unpacking of packages (not to exceed 50 lbs).
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
If you are interested in this exciting new role, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 10, 2022. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.