Water Supply Upgrade Financing
Homeowners in the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg can now apply for financing to upgrade their water supply.
How the Water Supply Upgrade Program can help
The program offers low-interest financing for systems that can improve the supply of potable water for homes in the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg.
The list of eligible water supply upgrades includes:
- The digging of a new well.
- Installation of rainwater collection and/or storage systems and equipment (e.g., cisterns).
- Installation of a well pump, water line and/or electrical connection to support the function of a water system.
- Systems and equipment designed to improve the supply, use and conservation of potable water.
Financing terms include:
- A financing period of 15 years.
- An interest rate of two per cent.
- The maximum financing amount will be the lesser of $20,000 or 15 per cent of the assessed value of the Qualifying Property.
Am I eligible?
You own an existing single-unit or two-unit residential property, or the building is owned by a not-for-profit organization.
Your property does not have a loan attached for another municipal program (Clean Energy Financing or LaHave Program Septic System).
Can I apply for both Clean Energy Financing and Water Supply Upgrade Financing?
Yes! Homeowners in the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg can apply for both programs. It will be considered as one application and the financing amount cannot exceed the lesser of $20,000 or 15 per cent of the assessed value of the Qualifying Property.